Public Records Requests
NOTICE: Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic in Washington State, "in-person" Public Records Act business at the City of Pasco City Hall must be scheduled and conducted by appointment only. Should an “in-person” public records request need to be submitted, records reviewed or the payment of records made and picked up, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (509) 544-3096 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to meet with a staff member in person. However, the preferred method of requesting and receiving records is through the City’s public records request portal, Next Request at: https://cityofpascowa.nextrequest.com/. The City will continue to process public records requests, following the Public Records Act requirements of Washington State.
The City Clerk has been designated by the City Manager as the City’s Public Records Officer pursuant to the Washington State Public Records Act (PRA).
The public records officer will oversee compliance with the PRA; however, another City staff member may process a request. The public records officer or designee and the City will:
- provide the fullest assistance
- ensure that public records are protected from damage or disorganization
- prevent fulfilling public records requests from causing excessive interference with essential functions of the City
GENERAL RECORDS & ANIMAL CONTROL RECORDS
(Records other than Police, Fire & Emergency Services and Municipal Court)
Here is the link to request copies of public records through the City of Pasco’s Public Records Portal - NextRequest.
- Call Police Records Unit at 509-545-3421
- In-Person at Police Community Services Building - 215 W Sylvester Ave
- Mailed to: Pasco Police Department - Records Unit: 525 N 3rd Ave @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- In-person at Pasco Municipal Court
- Sent by mail to: Court Administration, 1016 N 4th Ave
- Questions about Pasco Municipal Court call 509-545-3491 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Sent by mail to: Fire Administration - 525 N 3rd Ave
- Questions about Pasco Fire & Emergency Medical Services call 509-545-3426 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
PROHIBITIONS & EXEMPTIONS
The PRA provides that a number of document types and information are prohibited from being disclosed or are exempt from public inspection and copying. A current list of these prohibitions and exemptions will be provided upon request. Also, the PRA (RCW 42.17.260(9) and RCW 42.56.070(8)) prohibits the use of public record lists of individuals for commercial purposes.
- The Washington State Public Records Act, RCW 42.56 (PRA)
- City of Pasco Resolution No. 3943 - Public Records Policy
- Municipal Research and Services Center PRA Information