Are you interested in an exciting new volunteer opportunity? We are currently seeking volunteers to help us win the battle against domestic violence. Volunteers are the lifeline of the Pasco Police Department’s new Domestic Violence Response Unit. Our success in meeting the needs of our victims and their children is dependent upon having a team of caring, compassionate and skilled volunteers. As a volunteer victim advocate, you can help change lives of victims in your community.
What do volunteer victim advocates?
• Provide safety planning
• Help identify emergency needs
• Provide information about the criminal justice system
• Provide transportation to a safe place
• Assist in locating community resource
• Provide support and crisis intervention services
What are the requirements for being a volunteer?
• Must pass a Pasco Police Department background check
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Must have a valid Washington driver’s license
• Must be caring and compassionate
What can I look forward to as a volunteer?
• Working with police to help serve the immediate needs of victims
• Serving at least one on-call shift a month
• Free comprehensive victim advocate training
• Monthly volunteer meetings and ongoing training
For more information or to find out how you can help, please contact the Domestic Violence Services Coordinator at (509)544-3068.