Ways to Handle Traffic Infractions
There are four ways to handle a traffic infraction:
- Deferred infraction finding: A defendant may petition the court for deferral of a traffic infraction if it is shown that a deferral has not been granted within the past seven years and you do not have a commercial driver's license. Download a deferral application below.
- Post payment: The defendant may pay the set fine, admitting to wrongdoing. This involves no court hearing.
- Request a mitigation hearing: The defendant admits to the violation, but asks for a reduced fine based upon mitigating circumstances.
- Request a contested hearing: The defendant chooses not admit to the violation, and moves to a full trial.
- Request a Time-Pay agreement: The defendant can come to the court office and sign a monthly time-pay agreement.
Learn more about these options for traffic infractions .