Meet new people who have similar interests, and exercise your brain while having fun. It's never too early, or too late to learn.
- I Can (for girls ages 7-12): This program is a cooperative effort between Pasco Recreation Services and the Pasco Police Department. This program provides a wonderful opportunity for young girls to build self-confidence, develop communication skills, and learn how to effectively deal with peer pressure. Throughout the course of the program, participants will work directly with community leaders that will help them to build a firm foundation for their success. The program will conclude with family and friends being invited to a graduation ceremony.
- Cyber Stop: This is a free neighborhood computer center equipped with 15 internet-accessible computer stations. This library-like facility is open to the public evenings and weekends to help residents gain access to the internet and develop and/or improve computer skills.
- Computer Lab: Are you into genealogy? Do you need more information on a medication your doctor has prescribed? Do you need a computer to do homework research? You can do this and much more in the Pasco Senior Center’s computer lab. Lab hours are Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm (subject to change). Wireless internet connection is also available. Please see front desk for password. *Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Printing/Copy Fee: 15¢/page
- Senior Technology Series: Cell phones, e-mail and Facebook, oh my! From the way we communicate to the way we heat and cool our homes, technology is everywhere. If you don’t know how to use it, you can feel as though you are being left in the dust. Now there’s real help for those who are technologically challenged. Johnny On The Spot Technology specializes in helping seniors and consumers learn about the latest technology and how it can help you simplify your life, keep in touch with loved ones, and even save money; all in easy to understand terminology. Classes are free so take them as many times as you’d like. Pre-registration is required. Classes topics include:
» Cell Phones 101
» E-mail Basics
» Facebook Made Simple
» Usable Technology
» Smart Phone Basics
- AARP Driver Safety Program: The AARP Driver Safety course is an 8 hour classroom refresher for drivers 50 years of age and older. Insurance discounts are available in most states upon completion of this course.
Trips & Tours
Experience various Northwest gems and activities by joining us on one of our educational or entertaining trips. Enjoy these and other activities throughout the year:
- Best of Broadway Show and Dinner at Anthony’s Restaurant (Spokane, WA)
- Seattle Mariner’s baseball games
Learn more about how to register
for these and other programs.
Suggestions & Comments
Do you have a suggestion? Or are you interested in sharing your expertise with the community? If so, there are three available ways submit your ideas: