Arts and Culture Commission
About the Commission
The Arts and Culture Commission advises the City Council on matters relating to public art and culture, including review and evaluation on matters pertaining to the acceptance, procurement, placement and maintenance of public art. The Commission will perform other functions as the City’s primary resource in matters of public art and culture.
The Commission was created by Ordinance No. 4472. All position are four years terms with the exception of the Youth Representative which is two years. Positions will staggered to ensure continuity of the Commission.
Membership & Qualifications
COMMUNITY MEMBER: Persons of public agencies, organizations enhancing Pasco’s quality of life or, persons working outside of professional practice in the arts but who demonstrate a deep interest in and understanding of public art activities. Member is required to live, work, or own business within Pasco city limits.
- Position 1: Eleanor Neff - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1/1/2022
- Position 2: Ana Armijo - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1/1/2024
ART PROFESSIONAL: Persons in professions such as art directors, educators, managers/administrators, dealers and/or individuals enrolled in higher education art programs.
- Position 3: Nisha McSwane-Franco - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1/1/2022
- Position 4: Emma Barnes - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1/1/2024
- Position 5: Rebecca Merkley-Omeje - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1//2024
ARTIST: Including but not limited to: painting, sculpture, music, literature, architecture, and performing arts. Member is required to live, work, or own business within Pasco city limits.
- Position 6: Saul Martinez - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1/1/2022
YOUTH REPRESENTATIVE: Person between the ages of 15 to 20 years old at the time of appointment, nexus to Pasco is required.
- Position 7: Calumet Kubalek - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1/1/2022
- Fourth (4th) Tuesday of each month
- 6:00 PM via GoToMeeting
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas, agenda packets, and minutes of the Arts & Culture Commission are available online, under Arts & Culture Commission.
For questions about the Commission, please contact Angela Pashon, Policy Analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-545-3458.