Arts and Culture Commission
About the Commission
The Arts and Culture Commission advises the City Council on matters relating to public art and culture, including review and evaluation on matters pertaining to the acceptance, procurement, placement, and maintenance of public art. The Commission will perform other functions as the City’s primary resource in matters of public art and culture.
The Commission was created by Ordinance No. 4472. All positions are four years terms with the exception of the Youth Representative which is two years. Positions are staggered to ensure continuity of the Commission.
Membership & Qualifications
COMMUNITY MEMBER: Persons of public agencies, organizations enhancing Pasco’s quality of life or, persons working outside of professional practice in the arts but who demonstrate a deep interest in and understanding of public art activities. Member is required to live, work, or own business within Pasco city limits.
- Position 1: Eleanor Neff - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1/1/2022
- Position 2: Ana Armijo - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1/1/2024
ART PROFESSIONAL: Persons in professions such as art directors, educators, managers/administrators, dealers and/or individuals enrolled in higher education art programs.
- Position 3: Nisha McSwane-Franco - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1/1/2022
- Position 4: VACANT - Position Term: Appt Date to 1/1/2024 *Link to BC Application
- Position 5: Rebecca Merkley-Omeje - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1//2024
ARTIST: Including but not limited to: painting, sculpture, music, literature, architecture, and performing arts. Member is required to live, work, or own business within Pasco city limits.
- Position 6: Saul Martinez - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1/1/2022
YOUTH REPRESENTATIVE: Person between the ages of 15 to 20 years old at the time of appointment, nexus to Pasco is required.
- Position 7: Calumet Kubalek - Position Term: 1/1/2020 to 1/1/2022
- Fourth (4th) Tuesday of each month
- 6:00 PM via GoToMeeting
Agendas & Minutes
Current Meeting Agenda can be found in CivicWeb Meeting Portal.
Sign up here to receive notification by email when the current Arts & Culture Commission Agenda is published.
Past agendas, agenda packets and meeting minutes for the Arts & Culture Commission are available via the City's Laserfiche storage system.
For questions regarding the Commission, please contact Angela Pashon, Senior Management Analyst at [email protected] or 509-545-3458.