Current Park Projects
1 - Palomino Park (Chapel Hill Blvd)
Neighborhood Park on Chapel Hill Blvd
Neighborhood parks are 3 to 5 acre parks that primarily service the residents of the neighborhood(s) immediately surrounding the park. A neighborhood park is currently under construction which will serve the neighborhoods just east of Rd 68 and South of Freeway 182. The 5 acre plot for this park is located on the North side of Chapel Hill Blvd approximately at the intersection of Saratoga Lane and Chapel Hill Blvd. The design of the park took into consideration feedback received by residents via a survey and initial community meeting. The Park design specifies a walking path with benches, an open playfield area, two picnic shelters, play structures for both 2.5-5 years and 5-12 years, swings, two 1/2 court basketball courts, a landscaped amphitheater area, and a good mix of trees and bushes throughout the site.
- October 2020: Design Reached completion
- October 14, 2020: The project went before the Hearing Examiner and was approved.
- November 2020: Request for bids was issued
- December 14, 2020: Project bids were received
- January 5, 2021: Bid was Awarded by City Council to Total Site Services on January 5, 2021.
- February 8, 2021: Construction Began
- March 26, 2021: CMU wall complete, site grading 90% complete
- May 10, 2021: Irrigation installation began
- May 18, 2021: Asphalt walking Path and Basketball court poured
- May 21, 2021: Park lighting installed
- June, 15, 2021: Picnic Shelter pads installed
- June 18, 2021: Playground installation began
- August 2021: Hyrdroseeding of Park was completed
- October 9, 2021: Community Arbor Day Tree Planting event took place
- Picnic shelters expected to be installed by spring
*Michael Terrell - Landscape Architecture, PLLC is the selected design firm for this project.
*Total Site Services is the general contractor on the project.
*Playgound to be installed by GameTime.
2 - Sylvester Park Mini-Pitches
Sylvester Park to see significant upgrades to its surfaced areas
The City of Pasco is bringing something new and exciting to the Tri-Cities! Mini-pitch soccer courts are artificial turf or hard surface courts surrounded by a rebound board system with integrated goals. The ball remains constantly in play. Mini-Pitches open greater access to soccer, more ball contact, more decisions, more goals, creating a faster, more intensive experience than on a regular pitch.
Located in the heart of Pasco, Sylvester park (behind Lourdes Medical Center) will see two of its three tennis courts replaced with mini-pitch soccer courts. The remaining tennis court will be resurfaced. These changes will make Sylvester Park a gathering place for friends and families, as well as soccer and tennis enthusiasts for years to come.
- Musco is the lead on this project
- Expected completion date is May 2022
3 - A Street Sports Complex (Phase 1)
Phase 1 of the Multi-use Sports Fields on A Street
Phase 1 of the Multi-use sports field complex to be located along A Street at the intersection of A Street and Elm St. is partially funded by a State RCO Youth Athletics Facilities Grant. The design work for this project has been completed and the project went before the hearing examiner on September 9, 2020. The project calls for the extension of Elm Street to the south to give access to the site, a parking lot, a walking path along the new road, a drinking fountain, a shelter for portable toilets, and the development of grass playing field areas large enough to hold 3 full-sized 210' x 330' multi-use sports fields.
Bid documents are currently being prepared for this project. Construction projected to begin Spring 2022.
*SPVV Landscape Architects is the selected design firm for this project.
4 - Schlagel Park & Boat Launch
Schlagel Park Boat Launch and Park Upgrades
Schlagel Park is owned by the Army Corps of Engineers and is located off of E. Washington St. just south of E. Ainsworth St. The City is in a long term lease with the Army Corps for the use and maintenance of the park. The City has received a State RCO Boating Facilities Grant to make needed repairs to the park. The proposed upgrades to the park include the replacement of the old dock with an ADA accessible dock and the repair/replacement of the two boat launches. The long closed restroom building will be removed and a new ADA accessible restroom facility will be placed down close to the parking area and launch. As part of the upgrades both the boat/trailer and car parking areas will be repaved and redesigned to for better traffic flow and safety, and new safety lighting will be installed.
Design work for this project has been completed and we are in the process of securing the federal permits needed to do the work on Army Corps land in the water along the shoreline. Once the permits are secured, the project will be sent out to bid.
MacKay Sposito is the selected design firm for this project.
5 - Peanuts Park/Farmers Market
Peanuts Park/Pasco Farmer's Market
Peanuts Park and the Pasco Farmer's Market is located in the heart of downtown Pasco. The renovation will upgrade the current farmer's market shelters and add a center pavilion/shade structure. The project will also renovate Peanuts Park.
- May 2020: MacKay Sposito selected for Construction Management
- February 1, 2021: Construction Bid awarded to Booth & Sons Construction, Inc.
- March 2021: Construction began
- March 19, 2021: Groundbreaking Ceremony was held
- Tentative completion date December 10, 2021
6 - Highland Park Restroom Building
Highland Park Restroom Building and Field Upgrades
Highland Park features three football fields and is home to youth football in Pasco. This project will construct a centrally located building that will include ADA accessible restrooms, a concession stand, storage area and more. The project will also replace all four of the remaining old “H” style goal posts with new “Y” style goal posts. This will increase safety by removing collision points from along the base goal line.
- Building design by WAVE Design (selected in October 2019)
- Applied for YAF Grant in May 2020 for partial funding of project
- Awarded YAF Grant in June 2021
- Finalized grant agreement September 2021
- Currently working on finalizing design and preparing bid documents
- Start of construction anticipated in 2022