Utility and Rental Assistance
The Tri-Cities HOME Consortium (the Cities of Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland) has awarded $700,000 to Benton Franklin Community Action Committee (CAC) to administer an emergency, short-term, tenant-based Rental Assistance Program helping low income-qualified families and individuals living in Kennewick, Pasco, or Richland who are experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic with rent and utility assistance.
The program will provide past-due and/or upcoming rent and utility, per qualifying household. Payment will be made directly to the household’s provider.
To be eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The household experienced hardship directly related to COVID-19.
- The household is unable to pay a portion of or none of their rent and/or utilities.
- The household has a City of Richland, Kennewick, or Pasco address.
- The household does NOT have savings to meet their financial need.
- The household has eligible immigration status (U.S. citizen/U.S. national, lawful permanent resident/conditional permanent resident, registry immigrant, a refugee/person seeking asylum or granted asylum).
- Household income in January 2020 was at or below 60% of the Kennewick/Pasco/Richland income limits, established annually by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and stated below.
|Income Limit||Number of Individuals Residing in the household|
|30%||$ 16,300.00||$ 18,600.00||$ 20,950.00||$ 23,250.00||$ 25,150.00||$ 27,000.00||$ 28,850.00||$ 30,700.00|
|50%||$ 27,150.00||$ 31,000.00||$ 34,900.00||$ 38,750.00||$ 41,850.00||$ 44,950.00||$ 48,050.00||$ 51,150.00|
|60%||$ 32,580.00||$ 37,200.00||$ 41,880.00||$ 46,500.00||$ 50,220.00||$ 53,940.00||$ 57,660.00||$ 61,380.00|
|80%||$ 43,400.00||$ 49,600.00||$ 55,800.00||$ 62,000.00||$ 67,000.00||$ 71,950.00||$ 76,900.00||$ 81,850.00|
All applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will have the opportunity to be selected to receive assistance.
Applications will be processed on a first-come, first eligible served basis until September 30, or until funds are exhausted, whichever occurs first.
Franklin & Benton County Program
Franklin County is also providing rental and utility assistance, in cooperation with Benton County, for residents. More information on the County program can be found at https://www.co.benton.wa.us/pview.aspx?id=1753&catid=45.