About the Pasco City Council
The City of Pasco operates under the "Council-Manager" plan of government, per the Revised Code of Washington Chapter 35.18. Under the Council-Manager plan of city government, the 7 Councilmembers are the elected officials of the City, who then, in turn, appoint and oversee the City Manager. The Council elects fellow Councilmembers to serve as Mayor and Mayor Pro-Tem every two years.
- Pasco Municipal Code Title 2 covers the duties and compensation of the City Council.
- The Council sets goals every two years; learn about the City Council goals for 2020-2021.
6 Councilmembers each represent a district; 1 Councilmember is "At Large." You can view City District maps.
- Mayor Blanche Barajas, District 1
- Councilmember Joseph Campos, District 2
- Councilmember Nikki Torres, District 3
- Councilmember Pete Serrano, District 4
- Councilmember David Milne, District 5
- Councilmember Zahra Roach, At Large
The process for elections for Councilmembers changed in 2017 to a more district-based system; read more.
Contact the City Council
The City Council welcomes your questions and comments. View Council contact information. Please note that City Councilmembers do not have physical offices within City Hall, and Councilmembers have outside employment, so please allow time for Councilmembers to respond.
The public is welcomed and encouraged to attend Council meetings! Council meetings begin promptly at 7:00 pm Mondays except on observed holidays.
- The first and third Mondays of the month are Regular (business) Meetings, and the second and fourth Mondays are Workshop Meetings. The Council usually does not meet on the fifth Monday of a month. The City Council can meet for special meetings when needed, with proper public notification. View the Public Meeting Calendar for the most current meeting schedule.
- Agenda Packets are available on Fridays before the meeting. Sign up here to be notified when packets are available.
- Meetings are held at Pasco City Hall, 525 N. 3rd Avenue, in Council Chambers on the 1st Floor. To enter City Hall for a meeting, use the east entrance (the entrance by the parking lot).
- Please note: Attendance in Council Chambers is subject to masking requirements per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 20-28.14.
- While in-person attendance at hearings is allowed, you can participate remotely. If you'd like to make comments to the City Council remotely, please register by 4 pm on Regular Meeting dates by filling out this form here.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the online meeting.
- You can also send comments to the Council via the City Clerk here.
- City Council meetings are available to watch live via PSC-TV Channel 191 on Charter/Spectrum Cable in Pasco and Richland, online via streaming video, and the City’s Facebook page. Previous meetings are available online via Pasco City Television On-Demand and the City's YouTube page.
For more information about the City Council, call the City Manager’s Office at (509) 545-3404.