Community Development Programs
Goals & Services
The Community Development Department administers several programs which seek to preserve and grow Pasco as a viable urban community that provides a suitable living environment, decent affordable housing, and economic opportunities for the benefit of all citizens.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
2024 COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT FUND ALLOCATION: PASCO WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU - The City of Pasco Planning Commission will conduct two Public Hearings to receive citizen comments on the City’s use of (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds for 2024.
- Public Hearings will be held Thursday, July 20, 2023, and August 17, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. in the City of Pasco Council Chambers, 525 N. Third Avenue, Pasco, WA 99301. This facility is fully accessible. Written comments on the 2024 CDBG Annual Action Plan will be accepted until 5:00 p.m., August 17, 2023, and will be considered as the 2024 Annual Action Plan is being developed.
PASCO CDBG APPLICATION PERIOD BEGINS: The City is accepting proposals through June 30, 2023, for 2024 CDBG funds. The City anticipates limited funds available ($715,000) to be used for eligible Community Development Block Grant activities. To be considered for funding, proposals must meet one of the following objectives: 1) Principally benefit lower-income persons, 2) Eliminate slum or blight; or 3) Create jobs for lower income persons.
- Final 2024 funding is dependent on actual federal allocation and actual amounts of program income received from prior funded projects and unallocated funds. Proposed activity awards may increase or decrease according to final 2024 funding available.
- Application packets are available online here or by contacting Carmen Patrick at (509) 545-3441 or [email protected]. Please be aware that due to federal funding process, funds allocated for FY 2024 may not be available for distribution before mid-year or later.
- To be considered for funding, an applicant must be a qualified non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, proposals must address a priority need identified in the 2021-2024 Consolidated Plan, be an eligible activity under 24 CFR 570, meet national objective requirements which are outlined in the application packet. Proposals for social service projects will not be considered for funding except those permitted by local allocation policy.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED IS JUNE 30, 2023, 5:00 PM. To request special needs accommodation, contact the City of Pasco Block Grant Administrator, Kristin Webb, at (509) 543-5739 or [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date. (MF# BGAP2023-003) No qualified person or organization shall be denied the benefits of the participation in or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability or familial status.
Tri-Cities HOME Consortium Down Payment Assistance Program
As a member of the Tri-Cities HOME Consortium, Pasco has partnered with the cities of Kennewick and Richland to meet the goal of providing the area’s low-to-moderate income people with affordable housing opportunities and neighborhood improvements. The Consortium seeks to provide opportunities for down payment assistance, infill assistance, owner-occupied rehabilitation and rental rehabilitation.
- 2023 DPA Application - English 2023 DPA Application - Spanish
- Lead-Based Paint Abatement (PDF)
- Down Payment Assistance Checklist (PDF)
- CHIP Down payment Assistance Flow Chart for Lenders (PDF)
- Guide for Buying a HUD Home