A Service to the Community
The Code Division works with residents and businesses to ensure the City of Pasco is a clean, safe and healthy place to live and work. The Pasco City Council empowered Code Officials to enforce the Pasco Municipal Code (PMC) through education, inspections and formal notices (to those remaining in violation). Resolution of nuisances and code complaints contribute to improved property appearance, health, community pride and property values.
How to Report a Code Violation
Reporting Pasco Municipal Code violations keeps the City of Pasco a safe place to live and work. You can report a code violation several ways. Common Code Violations can be found here.
- Report a Code Violation via AskPasco.
- Email or call 509-543-5743 to report a violation.
- In person at: Pasco City Hall, First Floor - Code Division, 525 N. Third Avenue, Pasco, WA 99301
I submitted a complaint but it doesn't seem like anything has happened. What should I do?
- Contact the Code Division Office (509-543-5743) for the status of your complaint. Code Officers strive for voluntary compliance from the responsible party; this may include extensions of time to gain compliance. All legal processes must be followed and exhausted prior to referring the issue for a hearing or penalty assessment.
I received a violation notice. What if I can't correct the issue by the compliance date?
- Contact the Code Officer who issued the notice prior to the re-inspection date. The officer may be able to provide additional time to make the corrections provided progress towards compliance has been made, the violation is not an immediate health and safety hazard and it is not a repeat violation.
Issues Reported to Other Entities
City of Pasco, Facilities: 509-543-5757
- Park Maintenance
City of Pasco, Public Works: 509-543-5738
- Debris in the Road
- Irrigation Issues
- Snow Removal
- Storm Drain Flooding
- Street Sweeping
- Traffic Signal/Traffic Sign Issues
Franklin County Code Enforcement: 509-545-3521
- Issues Outside Pasco City Limits
Franklin PUD: 509-547-5591
- Street Light Outage
- Power Service Set-up
Landlord - Tenant Disputes: Washington State Office of the Attorney General
Landlords are responsible for maintaining and repairing rental units (RCW 59.18).
- Repairs and maintenance include but are not limited to electrical, plumbing, heating, appliances, weatherproofing, water and mold.
- Repairs must be requested in writing from the tenant to the landlord.
- Contact Washington Law Help for more resources.
Pasco Police Department Non-Emergency: 509-628-0333
- Abandoned Vehicles/RVs and Occupied RVs on the Street
- Homeless Encampments on Public Property
- Noise Issues (After Hours & on Weekends)
Tri-City Animal Shelter: 509-545-3740
- Animals (Abandoned, Aggressive, Barking, Neglected, Loose or Stray)
Residential Rental Program
The City of Pasco's Residential Rental Program was adopted by city ordinance in 1997 to ensure that all rental housing in the city is maintained in compliance with minimum housing code standards.
As part of the program, all rental property owners are required to obtain a Rental Dwelling License for each rental property owned in the City of Pasco (including single family homes). Additionally, each rental property owner is required to submit a Certificate of Inspection every 2 years to demonstrate that each rental unit meets the city's minimum housing code standards.
*Please note: Disputes between Manufactured Home Park owners and lot renters are addressed by the Washington State Attorney General's office. Code Division may intervene if the manufactured home is a rental property.
The City of Pasco - Code Division is seeking qualified contractors to participate in general and emergency abatement work. General projects include vegetation trimming, removal of weeds, trash, debris, abandoned appliances, and vehicles. Emergency abatements include boarding of vacant or hazardous structures.
Requirements for consideration include, but are not limited to:
- Washington State Contractor License & City of Pasco Endorsement
- Washington State Department of L&I Registered Contractor (for Intent & Affidavit purposes)
- MRSC Registered Contractor (free for Public Works projects within the City of Pasco)
- Active Workers Compensation Insurance
- Active Liability Insurance