- Customer Service (Utility Billing)
- Animal Licenses
Protecting Your Pet: Licensing & Vaccinations
Animal licensing is required in the City of Pasco for all dogs. Licensing is for the well-being of the pet to help ensure that if one becomes lost it, can be returned home. Without a license, a lost pet may be impounded or potentially adopted. Pet license fees help subsidize animal control efforts.
We want to help the Pasco community be responsible pet owners. It is required by City ordinance that all pets have current rabies vaccines with a tag identification number.
Changes In Pet Licensing
The City of Pasco has partnered with PetData to provide dog licensing services to Pasco. You will receive your dog license renewal in the mail from PetData with instructions to how to renew your dog license(s). If you do not receive a renewal or are licensing a new pet, please follow the below instructions to license your pet.
- A current rabies vaccination certificate is required. If your dog was previously licensed and your rabies vaccination is on file and still valid, you don't have to upload the certificate. If the rabies vaccination has expired or is not on file, you must upload this document. Please check your certificate for correct address and pet information. NOTE: The rabies vaccination must have been administered less than 60 days prior to issue date in order to get a 3 year license.
- Proof of spay/neuter, such as a signed statement from a veterinarian or an invoice for services is required if the pet has been altered since the last licensing period and you are applying for the lower spayed/neutered license fee.
- Proof of low income senior reduced rate with the City of Pasco Utility Billing Department is required to receive the discounted fees for low income senior citizens age 62 and over. For a first time discount, enclose a copy of the City of Pasco water bill showing SR RED on the water description. Your paperwork will not be returned to you, so please keep your original and send copies.
To license online, go to PetData and select "License Now". You can license multiple pets at the same time and easily upload required documents. All major credit cards are accepted. You can also call PetData toll-free at (833) 259-2134.
To license by mail, simply download and complete the application (available online from PetData) or complete your renewal form received in the mail. Enclose proof of spay/neuter, if applicable, and rabies certificate. Paperwork will not be returned, please send copies. Mail the documents with your check or money order made payable to City of Pasco (please do not send cash) to:
City of Pasco Dog Licensing
PO Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014-1929
To reduce wait times and lines, please utilize the PetData option, if possible. To license in person, bring a current rabies certificate, proof of spay/neuter, and payment (check, debit, or cash) to: Pasco City Hall, 525 North 3rd Avenue, Monday thru Wednesday, Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|1 year||3 years|
|Low-Income Senior with Spayed/Neutered Dog (must be qualified)||$3.00|
|Late Fee (after due date)||$10.00|
Dog Licensing Resources
- Animal Control Information
- Animal License Application Download (PDF) (via PetData)
- Tri-Cities Animal Shelter (Benton-Franklin Humane Society)