- Building Permits & Inspection Services
- Building Permit Applications
The Inspection Services Division is responsible for processing building permit applications, conducting inspections of work permitted, and monitoring construction projects within the city to ensure they meet the quality and safety standards as required by the Washington State Building Code.
The US Environmental Protection Agency requires that renovation, repair and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in pre-1978 homes, childcare facilities and schools be performed by an EPA Certified Renovator working for an EPA Certified Firm and specific work practices must be implemented to prevent lead contamination. More information is available at 1-800-424-LEAD (5323) or EPA Lead.
The Building Department is accepting submittals via email. Send your Building Permit Application, Site Plan and Construction Plans to: [email protected]
When submitting this way, be sure to provide the project's site address as the email subject. Attach your files to the email in PDF format.
If your files are greater than 30 MB, you can use our Online File Transfer System: https://pascofileshare.com/filedrop/[email protected]
Residential Permit Applications are on a 10 Business day plan review process; Commercial Permit Applications are on a 20 Business day plan review process (regardless of the scope of work).
The plan review process begins once the permit application and plans are accepted as a complete submittal and processed by City staff.
Choose your type of project below:
- Residential/Home Improvement
- New Home/Single Family Construction
- New Commercial Buildings/Improvements
- Move Building
- MFH Installation
Note: If you are not sure if your project requires a building permit, please contact Inspection Services at 509) 543-5726 and we will be happy to guide you.
Click the link below to watch a video on the permitting process.
Building Permit Application & Process
- Building Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Building Design Criteria (PDF)
- Building Valuation Guide (PDF)
- Informational Handouts
- All electrical permitting is currently handled by the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
- Lead Safe Certified Renovation Guide (PDF)
- Steps to Lead Renovation, Repair, and Painting (PDF)
- City of Pasco Municipal Code
- Adopted Building Codes
- Building Permit History