Public Records Requests
The City Clerk has been designated by the City Manager as the City's Public Records Officer pursuant to the Washington State Public Records Act (PRA).
The public records officer will oversee compliance with the PRA but another City staff member may process a request. The public records officer or designee and the City will:
- provide the fullest assistance
- ensure that public records are protected from damage or disorganization
- prevent fulfilling public records requests from causing excessive interference with essential functions of the City
- Email email@example.com
- Call Police Records Unit at 509-545-3421
- In-Person at Police Community Services Building - 215 W Sylvester Ave
- Mailed to: Pasco Police Department - Records Unit: 525 N 3rd Ave @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- In-person at Pasco Municipal Court
- Sent by mail to: Court Administration, 1016 N 4th Ave
- Questions about Pasco Municipal Court call 509-545-3491 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Sent by mail to: Fire Administration - 525 N 3rd Ave
- Questions about Pasco Fire & Emergency Medical Services call 509-545-3426 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
(Records other than Police, Fire & Emergency Services and Municipal Court)
Any person wishing to request access to public records or seeking assistance in making a request should submit request through City's online portal NextRequest.
PROHIBITIONS & EXEMPTIONS
The PRA provides that a number of document types and information are prohibited from being disclosed or are exempt from public inspection and copying. A current list of these prohibitions and exemptions will be provided upon request. Also, the PRA (RCW 42.17.260(9) and RCW 42.56.070(9)) prohibits the use of public record lists of individuals for commercial purposes.
- The Washington State Public Records Act, RCW 42.56 (PRA)
- City of Pasco Resolution 3460 - Public Records Requests
- Municipal Research and Services Center PRA Information