Public Records Requests
Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic in Washington State, "in-person" Public Records Act business at the City of Pasco City Hall must be scheduled and conducted by appointment only. Contact the City Clerk’s Office at (509) 544-3096 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to meet with a staff member in person for an submitting and “in-person” public records request, to review records. make a payment of records and pick up.
The fastest method of requesting and receiving records is through the City’s public records request portal, Next Request at: https://cityofpascowa.nextrequest.com/.
The City Manager designated the City Clerk as the City’s Public Records Officer pursuant to the Washington State Public Records Act (PRA) Chapter 42.56 RCW.
The public records officer oversees compliance with the PRA; however, other City staff members may process a request. The public records officer or designee and the City will:
- provide the fullest assistance possible to requesters;
- ensure that public records are protected from damage or disorganization; and
- respond promptly to all public records requests per RCW 42.56.520.
GENERAL RECORDS (including Animal Control Records)
(Records other than Police, Fire & Emergency Services and Municipal Court)
Here is the link to request copies of public records through the City of Pasco’s Public Records Portal - NextRequest.
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 509-545-3421
- In-person: Pasco Police Community Services Building, 215 West Sylvester Ave, Pasco, WA
- Mail: Pasco Police Department - Records Unit as 525 N 3rd Avenue, Pasco, WA 99301 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Email: municipalcourtPRR@pasco-wa.gov
- In-person: Pasco Municipal Court, 1016 N 4th Avenue, Pasco, WA
- Mail: Pasco Municipal Court Administration, 1016 N 4th Avenue, Pasco, WA 99301
- Call: 509-545-3491 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Fire Administration - 525 N 3rd Avenue, Pasco, WA 99301
- Call: 509-545-3426 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
PROHIBITIONS & EXEMPTIONS
The PRA provides that a number of document types and information within a record may be prohibited from being disclosed or exempt from public inspection and copying. A current list of these prohibitions and exemptions will be provided upon request. Also, the PRA (RCW 42.17.260(9) and RCW 42.56.070(8)) prohibits the use of public record lists of individuals for commercial purposes.