Public Records Requests
The City Manager designated the City Clerk as the City’s Public Records Officer pursuant to the Washington State Public Records Act (PRA) Chapter 42.56 RCW.
The public records officer oversees compliance with the PRA; however, other City staff members may process a request. When the public records officer or designee receive a public records request, they will:
- Provide the fullest assistance possible to requesters;
- Ensure that public records are protected from damage or disorganization; and
- Respond promptly to all public records requests per RCW 42.56.520.
GENERAL RECORDS (including Animal Control Records)
Requests may be completed using the online public records request portal powered by GovQA.
Note: For a better experience submitting a request and obtaining records using the GovQA portal, use Google Chrome or Firefox browsers if you are having difficulties with Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or any other web browser.
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 509-545-3421
- In-person: Pasco Police Community Services Building, 215 West Sylvester Ave, Pasco, WA
- Mail: Pasco Police Department - Records Unit as 525 N 3rd Avenue, Pasco, WA 99301
- For Body Worn Camera Records, even if directly involved, please submit a public records request with the City Clerk's Office using the online public records request portal. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Fire Administration - 525 N 3rd Avenue, Pasco, WA 99301
- Call: 509-545-3426 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Email: email@example.com
- In-person: Pasco Municipal Court, 1016 N 4th Avenue, Pasco, WA
- Mail: Pasco Municipal Court Administration, 1016 N 4th Avenue, Pasco, WA 99301
- Call: 509-545-3491 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
PROHIBITIONS & EXEMPTIONS
The PRA provides that a number of document types and information within a record may be prohibited from being disclosed or exempt from public inspection and copying. A current list of these prohibitions and exemptions will be provided upon request. Also, the PRA (RCW 42.17.260(9) and RCW 42.56.070(8)) prohibits the use of public record lists of individuals for commercial purposes.