Public Facilities District Board
About the Board
The Public Facilities District Board was formed to plan, finance, construct, and/or operate regional public facilities, such as:
- Convention centers
- Other major facilities authorized by state law
- Position No. 1 - Caroline Bowdish, Secretary/Treasurer
- Position No. 3 - Mark Morrissette, President
- Position No. 3 - Spence Jilek, Member
- Position No. 4 - Marie Gillespie, Vice President
- Position No. 5 - Leonard Dietrich, Member
Members of the Public Facilities District Board serve 4-year terms.
Aquatic Center Discussion
The PFD Board has been studying the possibility of a local aquatic center for the last few years; a change in state law (which occurred in 2019) was required for the PFD to proceed with a local proposal. Read the background via the Tri-City Herald.
A Special Meeting and Open House were held in October 2019 to update the 2016 Aquatic Center feasibility study and to get public comment.
- Watch the October 22, 2019 Special Meeting here
- Your comments are welcomed and encouraged! Submit comments here.
- A presentation was given to the board in July 2016 on options. Read the July 2016 presentation.
- The Board held a public meeting in October 2016 to present concepts and take comments on the aquatic/recreation facility.
- 4:00 pm
- Meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month
- Check the Meeting Calendar for the most current schedule
- City Hall
City Council Chambers (First Floor) 525 N. Third Avenue
Pasco, WA 99301
Board Documents (Agendas, Minutes) are available by following this link.
Interested in joining the Public Facilities District Board? Fill out a Boards and Commissions Application.
For more information about the Public Facilities District Board, contact the City Clerk’s Office at (509) 544-3096.