Non-Traffic Infractions

Ways to Handle Non-Traffic Infractions

There are 3 ways to handle a non-traffic infraction:

  • Post payment: The defendant may pay the set fine, admitting to wrongdoing. This involves no court hearing.
  • Request a mitigation hearing: The defendant admits to the violation, but asks for a reduced fine based upon mitigating circumstances.
  • Request a contested hearing: The defendant chooses not admit to the violation, and moves to a full trial.
  • Request a Time-Pay agreement: The defendant can come to the court office and sign a monthly time pay agreement.