Arts & Cultural
Pasco Recreation Services offers a wide variety of programs for all ages, which we are always working to expand. Below you will find an introduction to the current programs we offer:
- Preschool through Teen Dance Classes: From the traditional Tap and Ballet to the funkier Hip Hop and Dance Fusion, we offer a wide variety of dance classes guaranteed to keep your kids moving and grooving year round. Classes are held at the Dance Connection studio in Kennewick and are taught by experienced instructors.
- Sewing with Marcy: If you've always wanted to learn to sew then this fun and entertaining class is for you! Marcy will teach you pattern fitting, alterations and much more. Handy hints and demonstrations are available upon request. Work on your own projects or choose one of the many class projects such as craft items, home decor, jean jackets and decorative sweatshirts. Students are required to provide all supplies for the class. A limited number of sewing machines are available for use. If you have your own sewing machine you are encouraged to bring it to the class.
- Basin Wood Carvers: Learn the art of wood carving at the Pasco 1st Avenue Center on Thursdays from 1-4 pm. No wood carving experience is necessary. Experienced wood carvers will guide novice carvers through the basic techniques of this beautiful art form. Beginners will have the opportunity to use knives and other carving tools without having to purchase them first. Tools are in limited supply, so if you have your own please bring them. Instructors will inform participants of materials needed for this course.
Learn more about how to register for these and other programs.
Programs and events subject to change/cancellation dependent on COVID-19 related restrictions.
Suggestions & Comments
Do you have a suggestion? Are you interested in sharing your expertise with the community? If so, there are 3 easy ways to do this:
- Download and submit a New Program Proposal Form (PDF) to:
P.O. Box 293
Pasco, WA 99301
- Email Recreation
- Call us at (509) 545-3456