The City of Pasco's Residential Rental Program requires that all rental properties in the city be licensed yearly and inspected every 2 years as outlined in Chapter 5.60 of the Pasco Municipal Code.
Examples of housing code violations include:
- Leaks from the ceiling or other ceiling/wall damage exposing the occupants to outside weather
- Bedrooms without windows or windows that will not open easily
- Bedrooms/sleeping rooms without smoke alarms
- Exposed/faulty electrical wiring, plumbing problems or lack of adequate heating for the residence
- Properties with infested with cockroaches and/or rodents
Please see the city's Rental Inspection Form (PDF) for a list of some of the areas inspected during a typical rental inspection. If you believe the property you are renting does not meet the minimum requirements, you can submit a complaint.