About the Board
The Fireman’s Pension Board was created as provided in the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 41.16. The Fireman’s Pension Board, consists of the Mayor as Chair (ex officio), the City Clerk, the City Treasurer/Finance Manager, and, in addition, two regularly employed firefighters elected as provided by the statute, which the Board shall have all the powers and authority provided for by the statute.
- Chairperson: Saul Martinez, Mayor
- Alternate Chairperson: Blanche Barajas, Mayor Pro Tem
- Alvie Covington, Retired Firefighter
- Harvey Swoboda. Retired Firefighter
- Alternate Member W. Scott Malloy, Retired Firefighter
- Darcey Buckley, Finance Manager
- Debby Barham, City Clerk
Meetings are held the second Monday of the first month of each quarter (January, April, July, October) 6:00 pm, City Hall (525 N. 3rd Avenue), Conference Room No. 1
Agenda & Minutes
Current and past agenda packets and meeting minutes are located in the City's Laserfiche storage system.
Call the City Clerk’s Office at (509) 544-3096 for more information about the Fireman’s Pension Board.