The Pasco City Council is seeking community-minded residents who wish to play an active role in making Pasco a better place to work and live by serving on a City Board or Commission.
Have you been looking for a way to have input in your community? Do you have special interests or experience which could be used to help make Pasco a better and stronger community? The City Council invites any adult resident of the city interested in serving to apply.
There are three easy steps: 1) Determine what Board/Commission on which you would like to serve, 2) Complete and submit an application and 3) If appointed, attend regularly scheduled meetings that influence important community decisions.
Visit the City’s website at www.pasco-wa.gov/boards for additional information and to submit an application online. You may also call (509) 543-5770 for additional information. Applications are due by December 31.
The Boards with the most immediate needs are:
• Downtown Pasco Development Authority – four positions are open one due to recent resignation and three due to term expirations at the end of December 2020.
• Code Enforcement Board – two positions will be open in January 2021 due to term expirations.
• Historic Preservation Commission – one position vacancy and the applicant must be a professional who has experience in identifying, evaluating, and protecting historic resources and are selected from among the disciplines of architecture, history, architectural history, planning, prehistoric and historic archaeology, folklore, cultural anthropology, curatorship, conservation, landscape architecture, or related disciplines.
• Joint Housing Authority – one position opening at the end of January 2021 due to term expiration.
• Parks & Recreation Advisory Board – two positions will be open in February 2021 due to term expirations.
• Planning Commission – two positions – one vacancy due to a recent resignation and the other will be open in February 2021 due to term expiration.
The City of Pasco strives to continue improving the quality of community life in Pasco.