The City of Pasco and Downtown Pasco Authority are teaming up for the 2022 Cinco de Mayo Festival. Events will be taking place starting May 4th through May 8th across downtown Pasco. This year’s celebration will center around the brand-new Farmers Market and Peanuts Park.
“This is an amazing opportunity for the City of Pasco to showcase the upgrades to the Farmers Market. We have 5 separate days celebrating the rich history of our Mexican culture in the city. Events start Sunday with the crowning of the Cinco de Mayo Queen. Then we have a full lineup of events starting Wednesday. The parade is Saturday morning. Our headliner band Saturday is the popular group La Mafia. There’s so much excitement surrounding the event and we can’t wait for people to come out and support our great city. Because of COVID we haven’t been able to hold this for 2 years. We expect this to be our largest ever event,” said Mike Gonzalez, economic development manager at the City of Pasco.
FARMERS MARKET FOCUS The epicenter of the Cinco de Mayo celebration will be the Pasco Farmers Market. Live concerts will be held starting Friday evening. The stage will be located on the corner of 3rd and Columbia. Vendors will be stationed throughout the downtown core including Lewis Street, 3rd Avenue and 5th Avenue. Activities will include a Kids Zone, Knocker Ball, and a beer garden for adults. “There’s a variety of activities for kids and adults. Our Pasco Police officers will be stationed throughout the downtown core along with trained security. So, you can rest assured this will be a safe and fun event. I’m really excited we added an amateur boxing tournament Saturday with 20 matches that begins at 3 p.m. There’s such an incredible buzz about this year’s event,” said Gonzalez
Schedule of Events:
- Sunday, May 1st 6-8 p.m. (Cinco de Mayo Pageant at Salon Monte Carlo 411 W. Lewis)
- Wednesday May 4th 6 -8 p.m. (Cultural Night at Farmers Market and Peanuts Park on corner of 3rd and Lewis)
- Thursday May 5th (Local Artist Showcase at Salon Monte Carlo 411 W. Lewis)
- Friday May 6th (Downtown streets close at 6 a.m., vendor set up, concert series begin Friday evening)
- Saturday May 7th (Cinco de Mayo parade starts 11 a.m. downtown Pasco, Concert series continues, Boxing matches begin at 3 p.m. in Peanuts Park, La Mafia concert Saturday evening)
- Sunday May 8th (Concert series continues, Mother’s Day Celebrations throughout the day)
For more information on participating as a vendor please visit www.downtownpasco.org or call the DPDA at 509-380-5111.