The City of Pasco Recreation division would like to remind you summer is quickly approaching and May is National Water Safety month and would like to remind you of some life saving tips for the season.
Swimming is great fun, whether you’re at home, at a neighborhood pool, or at a water park. But while you are having fun, remember that water safety is serious business and everyone’s responsibility.
• Learn to swim
• Never swim alone
• Wear a life vest if you cannot swim without relying on the side or bottom of the pool for moderately long intervals
• Even if you’re a good swimmer, always make sure an adult is supervising with no distractions and watching everyone in the pool.
• Never enter a pool or spa with a broken or missing drain cover
• Always follow the posted rules in the water park
• Avoid drinking the water in pools and other attractions
• Avoid swimming when you’ve had diarrhea in the past 24 hours
• Never dive in shallow water
• Always reapply sunscreen in regular intervals to prevent sunburns