- ANNOUNCEMENTS -
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! Your Pasco Parks & Recreation now has a facebook page. Visit our page and like us today at www.facebook.com/pascoparks.
- SPECIAL EVENTS & ALL AGE PROGRAMS -
PASCO JAYCEES’ KIDS EASTER EGG HUNT: Pasco Recreation Services is happy to be working with the Pasco Jaycees’ again this year to help them provide this wonderful family friendly event to the community. The event starts at 8:30am with a pancake breakfast provided by the Lions Club. The breakfast is free for kids under age 13 and only $3 for all others. After breakfast you can visit community information booths, and participate in games. Then at 10:00am the egg hunts will begin and will be followed by raffle and prize give-a-ways. DAY/DATE: Saturday, March 26, 2016; LOCATION: Pasco Softball Sporting Complex (next to TRAC and GESA Stadium); FEE: Free! (Breakfast is $3 for age 13+).
- PRESCHOOL PROGRAMS –
- YOUTH PROGRAMS –
SPRING BREAK CAMPS & CLINICS:
• TENNIS CAMP: A terrific instruction to the game of tennis. Children should bring water, towel and wear tennis shoes. Camps meet at the Pasco High School Tennis Courts and run for 45 minutes each day from Mon–Thurs the week of April 4th. AGES 5-8: Meet at 1:00pm (CLASS #W429); AGES 9-12: Meet at 2:00pm (CLASS #W430). FEE: $40Res/$50NR
• YOUTH BASKETBALL CLINIC: This clinic is for participants ages 7-14. During the clinic participants will be divided into small groups by age and will run through 9 stations that will teach fundamental skills of basketball. LOCATION: City Hall Gymnasium; DAY/DATE/TIME: Mon-Tue, April 4-5, 11am-12:30pm; FEE: Free!; CLASS #: W428
• YOUTH BASKETBALL CAMP: Learn how to improve your ball-handling skills -- this includes dribbling, driving, passing, decision making, and reducing turnovers. These fundamental skills are universal for all levels. You will build on your ball handling and court awareness by learning fundamental and advanced skills. (Sessions are split up by grade level) All skill levels and abilities welcome. Parents are welcome to stay (not required). AGES: Youth grades 1st – 6th; DAY/DATE/TIME: Monday-Thursday, April 4 – 7, 1st – 2nd grade: 4:00 – 5:00 pm (Class #W206), 3rd – 4th grade: 5:00 – 6:00 pm (Class #W207), 5th – 6th grade: 6:00 – 7:00 pm (Class #W208); LOCATION: Chiawana High School Gymnasium; FEE: $20 (City of Pasco Resident), $25 (Non-Resident)
• PERFECTING PICTURES – YOUTH PHOTOGRAPHY CAMP: A great opportunity for youth to learn more about the art of photography. AGES: 7-12; LOCATION: City Hall Classroom; DAY/DATE/TIME: Mon-Fri, April 4-8, 10am-12pm; FEE: $20Res/$25NR; CLASS #: W130.
KARATE: Sign up now for a great learning experience in “Tae Kwon Do.” Learn the basic in hand, foot, and eye coordination. The instructors will focus on the importance of respect, discipline, and honor. Don’t miss this fun and exciting class as space is limited. AGES: 6-12;
• LEVEL 1: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4/5 – 4/28/2016, 6:00 – 7:00pm; LOCATION: Tri-Cities Black Belt Academy, 514 Lewis St, Pasco; FEE: $32 (Pasco Resident), $40 (Non-Resident); CLASS #: W416
• LEVEL 2: Mondays & Wednesdays, 4/4 – 4/27/2016, 6:00 – 7:00pm; LOCATION: Tri-Cities Black Belt Academy, 514 Lewis St, Pasco; FEE: $32 (Pasco Resident), $40 (Non-Resident); CLASS #: W413
YOUTH SOFTBALL & T-BALL: The Early bird Deadline has passed but you can still Register for Boys and Girls recreational softball and Coed T-ball leagues! These leagues are parent/volunteer coached leagues that stress sportsmanship, team unity, and fairness. Games will be played in Pasco and/or Kennewick.
• COED T-BALL: AGES 5-6 as of May 1, 2016; FEE: $52R/$60NR; CLASS#: W513
• BOYS & GIRLS COACH PITCH: Ages 7-8 as of January 1, 2016; FEE: $56R/$65NR; CLASS#: W514
• BOYS & GIRLS MACHINE PITCH: Ages 9-10 as of January 1, 2016; FEE: $60R/$70NR; CLASS#: W515
• GIRLS INTERMEDIATE SOFTBALL: Ages 11-14 as of January 1, 2016; FEE: $64R/$75NR; CLASS#: W516
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM: The City Hall Activity Center is open year-round for structured activities. Parents must pre-register their child at the Recreation office in City Hall or online. AGES/DAYS/TIMES: Age 7-12 = M,T,TH,F: 3:45 – 5:30pm, W: 2:00 – 4:30pm; LOCATION: City Hall Activity Center, 525 N. Third Ave., Pasco, WA 99301; FEE: Free! PROGRAM #: #W400
- TEEN PROGRAMS –
AFTER SCHOOL DROP-IN PROGRAM: The City Hall Activity Center is open year-round for structured sports and activities. Parents must pre-register their teen at the Recreation office in City Hall or online. AGES/DAYS/TIMES: Age 13-18 = M,T,TH,F: 5:30 – 7:00pm, W: 4:30 – 7:00pm; LOCATION: City Hall Activity Center, 525 N. Third Ave., Pasco, WA 99301; FEE: Free! PROGRAM #: #W401
- ADULT PROGRAMS –
ENHANCE FITNESS: An exercise program designed for mature individuals, focusing on stretching, flexibility, balance, low impact aerobics and strength training. This class is held on Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays at the Pasco Senior Center. You may pay the drop-in rate or sign up for a month at a time! Call 509 545-3459 or stop by the Senior Center for a visit at 1315 N. 7th Ave., Pasco. AGE: 40+; LOCATION: Pasco Senior Center; FEE FOR MONTH OF APRIL: $33 (Resident), $41 (Non-Resident); CLASS #: W342; DROP-IN FEE: $4Res/$5NR
WAVEMAKERS AQUA FIT: This warm water exercise program offered by Oasis Physical Therapy is the class you’ve been looking for. If you suffer from arthritis, low back pain, muscle weakness or other aliments then why not try this warm water course! For More information please call the Pasco Senior Center at 509 545-3459. AGES: 18+;
• DAY/DATE/TIME: Monday/Wednesday, 4/4 – 4/27/2016, 11:45am - 12:30pm; LOCATION: Oasis Physical Therapy Pasco Office; FEE: $80 (Pasco Resident), $100 (Non-Resident); CLASS #: W349
• DAY/DATE/TIME: Tuesday/Thursday, 4/5 – 4/28/2016, 11:45am - 12:30pm; LOCATION: Oasis Physical Therapy Pasco Office; FEE: $80 (Pasco Resident), $100 (Non-Resident); CLASS #: W350
FOOT CARE FOR ADULTS: This program is designed to provide preventative maintenance and education to Franklin County and Burbank residents who are 60 years of age and older. Care is provided by a Registered Nurse. If an abnormality is detected, you will be referred to your physician or other social services organization. Call 509 545-3459 to see if you qualify for this program. AGES: 60 and older; DAY/DATE/TIME: Day/Date/Time Vary Call for appointment days and times; LOCATION: Pasco Senior Center; FEE: Donation; NOTE: Funds for the Franklin County and Burbank Foot Care program are administered by Southeast Washington Aging and Long Term Care. Those don’t qualify for this program may choose to participate in our fee based program, call the Pasco Senior Center at 509 545-3459 for more info.
DROP IN VOLLEYBALL: A fun, informal way for adults to participate in the sport of volleyball. Players will be randomly placed on teams. Come out and make some friends as you exercise and have fun at the same time. No one under 18 years of age allowed on site. DAY/TIME: Thursdays, 7:00-9:30pm; AGES: Adults; LOCATION: Mcloughlin Middle School; FEE: $2 per person/per evening;
- SENIOR CENTER -
MEALS ON WHEELS LUNCHES: Enjoy a delicious lunch. Reservations are required 24 hours in advance and may be made by calling 509-543-5706. *$2.75 is the suggested donation for those ages 60+ for the meal. DAYS/TIME: Monday – Friday, 11:45am – 12:45pm; LOCATION: 1315 N. 7th Ave., Pasco, WA;
SENIOR CENTER: Looking for a place to get out of the house, meet and socialize with others? Come to the Pasco Senior Center, we have all kinds of stuff to do, including billiards, pinochle, dominos, china painting, computer lab, wood carving and more! Open Monday thru Friday 8 am to 5 pm. The Pasco Senior Center is located at 1315 N. 7th Ave. in Pasco.
SENIOR CENTER BUILDING RENTALS: Looking for a great place to host your next event call the Pasco Senior Center at (509) 545-3459 for more information. We rent large and small rooms for meetings, parties or receptions.
HAPPY FEET - Free Foot Care (Donations Accepted)!: If you reside in Franklin County or Burbank and are over the age of 60 you might qualify for free foot care. (This program is funded by SE Washington Aging and Longer Term Care and Participant Donations). If you do not qualify for the HAPPY FEET Free Foot Care Program not to worry, we also have a Foot Care for Adults (Ages 18+) Program, Cost is $30. For information on either program please call (509) 545-3459 for more information.
Feel free to call our office at 509-545-3456 with any questions OR visit our website at www.pascoparksandrec.com to sign up for these programs!