The Utility Billing Department will NOT be able to accept cash payments during these dates. Please see below for the impact to various City departments and alternate ways to pay your utility bill during these dates.
- Cemetery Division – No impact to operations.
- Permitting Division – No impact to operations. Permitting does not accept cash payments.
- Police Department – Will be unable to accept cash, check or debit card payments during this time.
- Recreation Division – No impact to operations.
- Tri-Cities Animal Shelter – No impact to operations.
- Utility Billing Division – Will be unable to accept cash, check or debit card payments during this time. However, please take note of the alternate ways to pay your utility bill during these dates:
- Staff will be available in the utility billing “lobby” area to assist customers to make payments using the “One-time Payment” feature of Paymentus online.
- Customers can leave a check with a Utility Billing Representative or in the payment drop box in front of City Hall.
- Customers can make a phone payment through Paymentus, free of charge, using a debit card, credit card or checking account by calling 1-844-235-9991.
- Customers can make an online payment through Paymentus, free of charge, using a debit card, credit card or checking account by visiting our website at https://www.pasco-wa.gov/285/Payment-Options or by visiting our partner website directly at https://ipn2.paymentus.com/cp/pasc.
- Customers can make a payment, free of charge, using cash (no change given) or a debit/credit card using one of our three US Payments kiosks. They are located at:
- City of Pasco, 525 N. 3rd Avenue, Pasco, WA, in front of City Hall.
- Franklin PUD, 1411 W. Clark Street, Pasco, WA, in the drive-thru area.
- HAPO Center, 6600 Burden Blvd., Pasco, WA, in front of the main facility at the end of the drive-thru loop.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly encourage our customers not to use any other online payment providers (for example, DOXO), as these services charge our customers a fee and take several days for your payment to reach the City, which could cause fees and/or penalties to incur on the utility account. The City has partnered with both Paymentus and US Payments Kiosks so that our customers have multiple “fee free” avenues to make their utility payments to the City.